I was lucky enough to get off an hour early last night, so used that time to work with Phebes. She was really sticky on her back up last night for some reason. We did some short trotting sessions / whoa / then back up. I also rode her to the back of the pasture away from the other horses. She pitched a little fit, squealed and tried to have a melt down. I just took a deep breath, persisted, and made her go anyway. She finally did, and walked back nicely. So another nice hour long session.
Haven't heard back from Denny Taylor on Phebes and the trailer training yet.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association