June 18, 2008

Today was ground work

We rode again last night, and Phebes was a bit of a pill...we survived, but I thought today I need to encourage my leadership with some ground work reinforcement. So I didn't ride today. We did some "horse ballet" and yielding exercises. We went hiking the trails and I discovered that from the ground she crosses her logs very ho hum, no leaping, no jumping. So I am communicating something while in the saddle that she percieves as J-U-M-P! Now to figure that out????
Friday will bring Denny Taylor a Frank Bell Certified horse trainer to work on the trailer loading issue. He's to spend the day. I've never been able to hang in there that long with her. So cross your fingers and say a little prayer for me and my horse. That the training goes well, she is able to walk in, and relax!
Phebes is really afraid of strangers now, so I hope it goes well. ~Endurance Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment