Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
June 16, 2008
Increasing the distance a little
Phebes had another trail session yesterday. It was the first time riding her that I was able to relax and have some fun. On the way back we had a nice big mowed hay field, so I got to trot her out. She did really nice! No zigging or zagging, just a nice floating trot up the field. She didn't offer to break gait, it was just a great ride. In the afternoon I saddled up Puddin' who hasn't been ridden for about two months. She went out like I'd been riding her all along. I wanted to check out a downed log on a hill that is huge, and see if I could bypass it with my horse somehow. We found a way, but will need to take some hand nippers out there and clear out some brush. ~Endurance Granny