It looks like this year we are going to be soaked and saturated, where last year we were dry as dust. It has rained and rained and rained. Phebes stall has water seeping in from the ground again, so I'll be baling that out when I get home from work this afternoon. We've had no riding as the rain has been a cold downpour for days....Phebes has been turning nasty again due to the lack of work. If you put her away for more than two days, you more or less have to start ALL OVER from the beginning again.
Had a new lady veterinarian out this week to float teeth, and vaccinate. She is very good.
Off to work ~ Endurance Granny
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association