April 15, 2008

Phebes is recovering

All the minor scrapes and cuts are starting to dry up. The one deep gash on her forehead is still pretty bad, the pain level has gone done. She isn't trembling anymore, and tonight she allowed me to touch her head without resistance for the first time in three days. I was able to medicate the injury with antibiotic. She acts tender on her left front. When palpating the tendons, she pops that leg up in a hurry and holds it up. I've noticed nothing evident in her gait, but am wondering if slogging through that deep mud in his round pen if she has a little bit of tendon inflammation. All I can really do is let her rest her body, keep trying to build her trust in people again, and try my best to forget all this drama.

I'm checking into another trainer, but let me tell you I WILL REALLY REALLY CHECK out anyone who handles this horse in the future. It was a hard lesson, but I learned it. I'll try to find someone who will come here if possible, and train me to train her. If not, I'll have to have references and move into the barn with her or something. But first she has to heal. So do I. ~Endurance Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment