I'm just sick over this. She left last Sunday and I went to check on her Wednesday, she had a scrape over her eye and one on her back leg. I was upset, but thought she's in a strange place, and could have done that in the round pen. I went back again and she had a puncture on her coronet on her hind leg, and I was wanting to bring her home, it just didn't feel right. We went this morning and this is what we have. She also has a broken front tooth...from the bit or what???My soft responsive horse is traumatized. She won't let me touch her head, she's lost an incredible amount of weight. He didn't even offer me any money back. In fact, he didn't offer any first hand explanation at all as to what happened. She's turned out with her mama, and I'm just SICK OVER THIS. I couldn't recommend this to anyone.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association