It seems like the drought of last summer is being replaced by an ever soggy winter and spring. The mud is unreal. The ground is so saturated I had water come into Phebes stall from the ground.
I've been back to ground work with Phebes. She is cooperative, but resentful. The ever problematic lack of respect seems to be the sticking point. I cannot press the point without the round pen, which is pastern deep in mud....and will likely be hock deep by this evening if the rains come as forecasted. The rain is also delaying Phebes going to the trainer, as he has only outside facilities.
If the weather permits, I will hopefully at least get started back with Puddin' over the weekend. Sorry to sound so gloomy! Praying for some sunshine here on the southeastern 25 acres. ~Endurance Granny
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association