The horse's are "enjoying" a river side view outside their paddocks this evening. The rain has continued to pour since this morning, and there is a six inch flowing stream that did not exist previously running in front of the horse barn, pooling in the horse's winter paddock, swirling, and running on down the hill. Some ground water has found its way into Phebe's stall and she is not a happy camper, but better to stand in a puddle, than in the torrent outside. The mud by morning will be incredible, and there is no where for this ground water to really go....creeks are swollen to capacity. My dogs don't even want to go out to pee!
Adding insult to injury is the fact that we'd just re-seeded our pastures.....I'm sure all the seed will wash away to parts unknown. Being water logged it likely wouldn't sprout anyway.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association