January 18, 2008

Sweet little Sycamore Creek Saddle is shipping...

I'm so excited (easily excitable what can I say?) Phebe's saddle from Sycamore Creek Saddlery is being shipped. None too soon as Phebes has adopted her old attitude having been out of work for two months. Since the holidays have ended, and people have used up their vacations it looks like I will have a little more time on my hands to get some things done. Currently a family crisis is keeping me somewhat busy on my days off, but it is a necessary thing to do. My stepdad fractured his ankle in three places. He is currently in rehab.

Anyway, the saddle is coming! Praying like a crazed fool that it will fit her properly, as nothing here is wide enough. A friend had been over and to see Phebes for the first time and she commented something to the effect of " her back is wide enough to dance a jig on".

Phebes tried to kill a cat tonight in her paddock. The yellow cat since being stepped on by her has learned to stay out of there. The old mommy cat just doesn't seem to get it, and if Phebes gets the chance she will ***mash***that cat. I've never known horses to act that way. She chases dogs out of the field, really goes after them. Has mashed one cat, which by the luck of God survived, and she has her sights set on the other three. I have to admit it is rather disturbing, her aggression.

Too cold to ride this weekend. Calling it a day. ~Endurance Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment