Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
January 1, 2008
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 2008 training miles: 5.5
What a way to ring in the new year! Knocked some of the mud off of Puddy Anne (Puddin' a.k.a. Aidrian), saddled up, bundled up....and hit the trails this morning. They say that what you hope to bring for the coming year, you need to be doing New Year's Day. So today I kissed my husband, baked peanut butter cookies, and rode my Puddin' for about five and half miles across the frozen trails. Snow blowing around us, it was BEAUTIFUL. So quiet! I reckon the party types were still sleeping it off, as I didn't hear anything but the wind blowing through the hills and trees, the sound of Puddin' crunching along the frozen trail. Something so right about looking at life through the ears of your horse. Happy New Year one and all....if you haven't started already, get training. Twelve weeks will get you off to a good start at a limited distance ride this spring!