Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
August 7, 2007
You know what they say about the best laid plans?
Our temps are running in the mid to high 90's and the heat index today is 106 degrees. I just can't see pushing my 18 year old horse in weather conditions like this. I could...but I won't. So I'm hoping the heat or the humidity will break so we can get back out there and gear up for Corydon's Cave Country Canter ride. I may take her for a very short, stretch your legs kind of ride tomorrow evening late if we get any kind of cooler temperatures. Our next thing on the training schedule was either a fast ten mile or hills. Hoping a little vacation won't set her back too much. Barb is working long hours. Maybe this weekend everything will pull together. ~Endurance Granny