Chris Eickleberry has invited us to the Brown County State Park on Sunday for a conditioning ride. The bonus is we get to pick the brain of a CTR/Endurance rider on all the how to's, and don't do's. Should be fun....except for the heat.
We are running HOT HUMID in the mid 90's. I feel like a wet noodle and can't seem to get my energy back since Salamonie. All that sweating I suppose? Have been on three pretty fast rides since then, so perhaps I should start having some kind of sports drink to replace my electrolytes too.
Those of you living in the dry west, kick that rattlesnake out of your way and thank GOD you don't have to deal with the constant humidity. ~Endurance Granny
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association