August 31, 2007

Six miles...Puddin' was a slug today

She just had no go, kept wanting to quit on me. When I did get her moving out she wasn't off or anything. It is hot again today and humid again. We are still having saddle fitting issues. I just can't seem to get that darned pommel up high enough. Will have to dig around and see if I have any more neoprene. It started out alright but once the pad compressed it went sinking down again.

Loaded Puddin' in the new trailer today. After a short hesitation we went right on in and stood in her tying up spot. She came out nice and relaxed, it is going to be a good thing that nice big door!

Puddin' did give me a nice gallop up the field on the way home. Controlled, easy gallop, progress...now if I can just get her back into the groove again with moving out at the trot in a sustained manner. She was doing so good! 6 miles at a stretch. Guess we can all have a bad day, today was hers.

Horses are chowing down at the barn, need to check on them. ~Endurance Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment