August 18, 2007

Geez! Saddle fitting issues ***very long sad face***

Puddin' is changing shape. The saddle that before cleared her withers just fine, suddenly is riding right down on it. Discovered it yesterday. Thought it was maybe just the saddle had been positioned not just right or something, or maybe the pad had gotten too compressed from being used for two years. So I put the Martha Josey pad on her (it is Phebe's pad) and rode out for six miles total. The pommel had very little clearance, but the pad did at least cushion that area. Finances won't allow another new saddle this year....so I'm gonna have to put my thinking cap on and figure out how to get around this. Her new Skito will be here by the end of the week, so I'm gonna try that first. The inserts are 3/4 inch. Hoping that will lift the saddle enough to do the trick. If not, I'm open to ideas. She will be done for the season in about six weeks, would like to make it through with what I have. Next year Phebes starts on trail and the saddle fits her just fine, she is very wide. My concern with her is that she will get wider, and if she does I'll either have to go treeless or try the Wintec Wide. I prefer a western type seat though, feel more secure in a pinch. Especially with a green horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment