Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
July 18, 2007
Will attempt six miles of sustained trotting tonight
Now that we know the measurement of the trotting dirt track I am going to try to build Puddin's ability to trot for sustained periods of time. I know she can handle 10 laps which equals 3 miles without blowing, so I expect she is working aerobically? Just wish that I was working aerobically...after lap five I'm so winded I can barely hang on. I need to start getting at least thirty minutes of cardio in for myself 3 days per week somehow. I've thought about swimming as it wouldn't be so stressful on joints riddled with Osteoarthritis (that would be my knees, hips, and neck). Hoping my friend Barb can bring Georgie over tonight, Puddin' is always more relaxed with George in her rearview mirror. Plan to trot at least 3 miles, and shooting for 6 if the horses and I can handle the humidity. Total workout should be about 9 miles counting the hilly ride out to the track and back. We'll see how it goes. ~Endurance Granny