July 16, 2007

Measured our trotting track with the car

The mileage on our little track was less than we had thought. The odometer read .3 miles (we were estimating .5), that is the bad news. But the good news is that I timed her 10 laps at the extended walk. It took 40 minutes (.3 x 10= 3 miles). So if I am walking back there for two hours it comes out to roughly 9 miles, which I've only been counting our distance as about six. Also factor in there are some rugged hills back there that takes all those horses have to ....reach.....over the top!

So I've added nine miles for Puddin's training loop today. I'm going to concentrate on getting that nice extended walk from this point on. If she can keep 4.5 mph at the walk, and travel 6-8 mph at the trot, I think it will average out okay for a first time ride.

Tonight she gets wormed. She will have tomorrow off, then back at it on Wednesday evening and Friday evening. We have to do the park this weekend, the x trail twice would be good.

Tried the duck tape in her boots and of course it all fell off as soon as she crossed the creek :-/

~Endurance Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment