Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
July 16, 2007
Trotting, trotting, and more trotting...five sustained miles + hill work
We did a fast two hour ride last night. We did a lot of trotting, about five miles of flat trotting, a few fast gallops, some hill climbing with a few short breaks. I also practiced trotting in hand with her and she did great with that. Puddin' is looking pretty fit. Need to plan out my next ten days carefully, and decide how many days off she will have prior to the ride. We are doing a training ride on Wednesday, Friday, and hoping to do a long slow ride on Sunday this week. Then just a few short rides to keep her limber on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday the following week. ~Endurance Granny