Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
July 19, 2007
Made it out to the flat track but only managed
Made it out to the flat track but only managed to get seven laps in. The heat and humidity was really bad. George gave out on the sixth lap, and I said enough. Puddin' probably would have kept going, but it is not that important to me to push past reason, especially when the humidity is at 91%. How it can be so humid and not rain defies my thinking. Will try for ten laps on friday evening if possible. There is no way either are ready for a 25 mile yet, so I suppose we'll stay with the 15 LD and perhaps I can try a longer ride late in the fall. It was a good ride tonight, hot, humid, not as fast as I'd like, but horses came back okay, that is the main thing. ~Endurance Granny