Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
July 9, 2007
Puddin' had just a slow taking it easy ride last night. We walked to the creek and back. Planning a work out tonight, Wednesday, and over the weekend. Need to practice getting those hoof boots on and off. I must say the Easyboot Epics stay on....like they are cemented on! Have just a three weeks to get her used to them!!! No time to work Phebes right now. Puddin' is so close to having it, but just not quite where I want her with speed. I'm having trouble deciding how hard to push the old girl. Want to get the ride done, but don't want to over ride her either. She did handle 12 miles fine at the trot, just a little under speed though. Plan on doing more laps on the flat trotting track, and less hill work.