July 26, 2007

OMG!!!! Tomorrow we head to Andrews, IN

I have my route planned out. We are taking a state highway rather than the interstate. A little longer, but less traffic, and easier stop offs along the way for us ladies (being a granny does have its necessities). I have dreamed doing one of these rides since I was in my twenties, and though I'm not riding endurance yet, I will get exposure to the process and the horses, and see if I've got the grit to do it. It is important to me to see what the climate is like within the organization of riders, are they a friendly group outside of competition, and how well are the horses treated will be a major deciding factor for me.

Many years ago I owned an arabian stallion named Gallie Joe. He was an awesome trail horse and because of a divorce I had to let him go to someone else. It was one of the most heartbreaking things that ever happened to see this horse and my little dream go...now over twenty years later, I'm getting my shot at it. I'm so very excited! ~Endurance Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment