I am seriously pumped up...wonder if I will sleep a wink on Friday night? Have decided to give Puddin' the rest of this week off except for some ground exercises, and maybe some light trotting in the front paddock area to keep her limber. Will do that tomorrow, give her all of Thursday off (except for a bath, grooming, trimming, spit shining : )
The weather for the ride is very iffy. Some call for rain, some for cloudy. Weather Gods....I'm praying on my knees (even the arthritic creaky one) for CLOUDS!
Tonight Puddin' and I practiced our trot in hand for which she was rewarded with a carrot, okay....I had a fanny pack FULL of carrots but who's counting?
I have to say I love this old horse. She has her little difficulties (spinning, pinching in her nose, and some days outright crankiness) but she's a great old gal. Endurance Granny (getting closer to being on than wishing)
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association