Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
June 28, 2007
Puddin' was a handful last night
Due to the heat and humidity we slowed down our conditioning ride last night. We walked the hills and did all of our trotting on the flat track around the field out back. She made three good laps then wanted to start spinning and refusing. I DO wish I could get her to stop that. She had zero steering at the gallop last night and nearly dumped me off, zigging and zagging. We have some issues to work on, that is for sure. She also wanted to be a little out of control with her gallop last night. :-/ ~Endurance Granny.....still kickin'