Puddin' is picking up speed, but let me tell ya....my riding style is lacking. It is cue her up to canter and hold on like heck! This old mare is conditioning up really nice and she can FLY. We gallop up hills and trails that most people would just set back and shake their heads. Hoping to get to Liberty for our next trail ride. It has a nice stretch of flats for extended trotting sessions. Maybe on the weekend. This week training is slotted again for Tuesday and Thursday. The heat and humidity is making it tough though and we have to really cool down the horses, sponge them and walk them. I keep waiting for someone to come sponge me down! Bring on the water hose, something.
Phebes is recovering from her conjunctivitis, so hoping to get back on getting her riding. She's done pretty well considering what little time I've had to spend with her. This week I'm lifting and shipping irises, so it will be a tight time schedule again.
Tomorrow I need to weigh in with all of my tack and the entries go out Wednesday. BE AFRAID......BE VERY AFRAID ~Endurance Granny
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association