We headed out last night, and Puddin' just didn't have any go. Her cohort George was whipped too after the first lap. George gave up and quit and Puddin' managed to finish but it was a very poor performance. The heat and humidity were bad. After FOREVER with no rain, we did get a few showers today. The pastures are in really bad condition from the midwest lack of rainfall. We have started supplementing with hay, but have yet to track down a source to replenish what we are now using so we don't fall short this winter.
Phebes is in heat and has turned once again into the "HELL BITCH". She has her tail about rubbed raw, is pushy and irritable. No work is not a good thing for Phebes, hoping now that the worst of the iris digging and packing is out of the way....we can ride.
Plan to hit one of the parks this weekend. ~Endurance Granny
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association