Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
June 2, 2007
Another 5.5 conditioning miles
We picked up the pace this evening. Our first loop was completed in about 45 minutes. The rest of our ride we spent alternating on foot and walking the horses to do some trail maintenance. Trimmed back anything projecting along our flat stretches so that we can gallop the horses and start picking up the pace. Puddin' probably galloped a couple miles tonight and did our version of Cougar Hill (in all fairness we'll call it Bob Cat Hill) but a really steep ascent, nearly straight up. My old Puddin' just tore right up it. She gets tomorrow off...the old girl deserves a break. I may do a very short ride on Monday to just limber her up....then there is Phebes to get back at it with...*sigh* ~Endurance Granny