We used a black umbrella today. Open close Open close Open close, sounds like a bird flapping and somewhat visually disturbing to say the least! After an initial little freak out, she did pretty well. Got her to follow me as I opened and closed it and rubbed it all over and under her. Then we used a big sheet of cardboard, and a feedbag. So if I meet any umbrella carrying feed salesman out on the trail I reckon we have that covered....she still crosses the bridge several times a week and that is really ho hum for her.
Canter Phebes! Just canter without trying to kill the Endurance Granny's old wrinkled body....trot the circle counter clockwise without tipping your head the wrong way, on the wrong lead, flex your neck, don't stiffen up. I must be dreaming in broad daylight. ~Endurance Granny
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association