Had to spend a week in job training so getting to the horse stuff has been challenging. Did get Puddin' out on the trail twice this week for about a twelve mile total (estimated).
Phebes is cropping up with more issues as we go along. Attempting to bite when I mount. Stiffening up on her right side as if she's concrete and has no flexibility, blowing me off to eat grass, refusing to let me mount and taking off once today.
I've called a trainer and will try to have him out for a day to help me work through some of the issues that are cropping up.
Did get her out of the roundpen and rode her around the lot a little, but I was SCARED to death! I'll bet that was really helpful....~Endurance Granny
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association