May 29, 2007

Holy Crap! No wonder Phebes has been a pill

As you may recall Phebes got a new saddle a few weeks ago. It didn't have any dees for gear or breast collar, so I took it to a tack repair to get some added. Today I discovered the screws had worked through the fleece and were sticking ALL THE WAY THROUGH. It is a wonder she didn't throw me to the moon. I guess the pad was thick enough that it was pricking now and then but not outright jabbing into her. So I'm going to be taking it back at the first opportunity and ask for SHORTER screws geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssshhhhhh!

Rode Phebes tonight without screws pricking her back and she didn't do half bad! I beat the screws flat with hammer and put on her thicker pad just in case!!! The only issue tonight was she didn't want to back up and was throwing her head which she's never done before. Maybe I'd better check for screws in her Dr. Cook's bridle too?

Puddin' conditioned another 7.5 miles yesterday which brings our 2007 conditioning miles up to 110. I think she pushed close to 500 miles last year, so we will have our work cut out for us to match that this year. We have a training ride scheduled for tomorrow evening late. Should be able to get in another five or six fast miles. Setting my sights on a ride in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment