Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
May 6, 2007
11.5 conditioning miles
Hauled Puddin' and George to the park today and rode trails A + B for a total 11.5 miles moderate difficulty, some hills, and a little faster on the flats. The riding aspect of it went well, but Puddin' for whatever reason isn't liking the trailer. She actually refused to load for the first time ever and that was to go home! So I don't know....gonna have to figure something out. Have had no time to work with Phebes at all. The new job is not panning out to be what it was supposed to be. I'm scheduled every day for the next two weeks, and this was supposed to be only two days a week with an occasional fill in, so much for getting Phebes under saddle. In fact, if I'm going to ride at all, the laundry will have to sit, the yard, the dishes, and it is the beginning of iris season so there are the beds to care for...when? People out there have lives...I'm almost sure of it. I'm at the place in my life when I'd like to have mine. ~Endurance Granny