Contact information:

Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance

March 19, 2007

Up at 4 a.m. this morning, cold & windy

Doesn't look like today will be a training day. Actually have some work today, so Phebes will have to hold until Tuesday or Wednesday for her next session. Have to visit the "tax" man tomorrow and have parental obligations. Molly returns to the vet on Thursday which is on the other side of Cinci, so that leaves me with Wednesday and hopefully Friday to train. It does look like the weather may remain favorable. Doug is working late the first part of this week, and I will need him to assist with Phebes for at least the next 5-6 sessions until I feel like I can free trot her around the pen without a blow up. She is still a little inclined to hump up at the canter, so I expect it will take me some time to work her up to it. I need courage anyway so one step at a time. It comes, when it comes. If it is two weeks fine, if it is two months fine. My primary concern at present is just progress without explosion. Since the work has begun and I've been tying her in her stall periodically we've not been having stall kicking episodes. Crossing my fingers that those little fits will soon be nothing but a blip on our radar screen. Time to be thinking of work....~Endurance Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment