March 18, 2007

Backed and rode Phebes on a long line today!!!

WooooooooooooooooWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Doug helped me to ride Phebes today. I worked her first and then backed her as I did yesterday, hanging over one side and the other. Got on and sat for a little while, then Doug led her off. Gradually he worked the line out. Her ears were back once in awhile, not flat like she was made, more like "uncertainty". She did GREAT!!! I'm so pleased with the progress I've been able to make since I've been out of work. No money....but at least I'm getting something done that really needed doing. I'd like to work her up to the trot maybe by next week, we will just have to see how she does. We did it without her working up a sweat, nice, calm, horse. What a fantastic difference. ~Endurance Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment