Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
March 18, 2007
Backed and rode Phebes on a long line today!!!
WooooooooooooooooWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Doug helped me to ride Phebes today. I worked her first and then backed her as I did yesterday, hanging over one side and the other. Got on and sat for a little while, then Doug led her off. Gradually he worked the line out. Her ears were back once in awhile, not flat like she was made, more like "uncertainty". She did GREAT!!! I'm so pleased with the progress I've been able to make since I've been out of work. No money....but at least I'm getting something done that really needed doing. I'd like to work her up to the trot maybe by next week, we will just have to see how she does. We did it without her working up a sweat, nice, calm, horse. What a fantastic difference. ~Endurance Granny