Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
March 12, 2007
Spring is here....Whoa Puddin' !!!
After I finished up with Phebes today thought I'd go limber up Puddin', as she will hit the trails again this year. Puddin' will be 18 years young this June, but nobody has told her. All I can say is thank goodness for one rein stops! She still has her zippity doo dah!!! We only rode about a mile, just a gentle warm up to start the season. If it is nice tomorrow I'll try to double it, and start moving on from there. Phebes was great at the barn tonight. Brushed out her mane and tail, she stood there nicely. Put a mineral block in her stall, she was working at that and her salt tonight. During her work out today I kept watching for her to get sweaty, Lord knows I was sweating....she never did really except for just under the neoprene girth. She was energetic enough that when I let her out she went and her a nice gallop around the field. Maybe she gets that energizer bunny stuff from Puddin?