We've started conditioning for the season. I don't know who is worse off, me or Puddin' can barely crawl today. Fibromyalgia and distance what a combination of insanity. We made it through some long slow muddy miles yesterday.
Still working Phebes from the ground. Doug has not had a day off to share with me so he can handle her from the ground. Wanting to get in the saddle and work her at the trot, but not confident to do it solo with her yet.
Things are coming along, albeit slowly....if a job would just come through.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association