March 31, 2007

Puddin 6.75 hills, hills, more hills/ 1.5 mile training time Phebes solo trot!

Puddin' went riding with her favorite trail buddy George yesterday evening and we covered 6.75 miles of hilly terrain. The horses were both a bit full of themselves, and Puddin' wanted to "do the driving" a few times. I may switch bridles. I use a side pull on her, this one she likes to flip her nose up and ignore. I'll try the other one with the two pressure knots on the nose band next time.

Phebes and I trotted solo. It didn't last very long but at least she went, and didn't do anything of a negative nature. We made a lap one direction and a lap the other. It doesn't sound like much, but it had begun raining and some thunder, thought it better to call it quits and try again when the sun shines. I've determined that Phebes is not a throttle-a-holic like her mom, so I'm going to have to push her to get her moving. Pushing without the explosion will be the thing.

So goes another rainy Saturday. ~Endurance Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment