And the logistics for the CMO are moving just glacially slow, like maple syrple dripping on a 22 degree Indiana morning slow. I want results! We are waiting for the insurance company to provide the insurance document needed for the event. Then I'm going in guns a blazing at prizes. June sounds like a long way off, but when you look at it in weekend days (which is all I have) it's close, very close.
In other news concerning the Two Horse Tango, Marti Caldwell is providing a clinic Saturday March 4th to teach our newbies the use of the compass in a low stress environment. We will have chili and the fixin's, and beer & wine for the breaks, a ride around the farm and woods on the Ranger, it will be fun.
Then, the royal spotted one has not had a saddle on since early last summer. She is my locomotion, and breaks that long from a historical perspective have not always boded well for me. The first 30 days of spring riding on Journey is a force to be reckoned with as she gets a barn sour recurrence that is no less than EPIC. But I'm going to need her for setting the stations for the ride so it really must be endured.
Truck shopping. I thought horse shopping was bad. I'm really wanting a diesel, 4 wheel drive, less than 120,000 miles, a good service history, and a non-lemon year on what ever I decide to purchase. Also considering selling my goose neck and purchasing a bumper pull, which means I could likely pull with less truck. It would be much easier to get within my price point that way.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- Green Bean Endurance
- American Endurance Ride Conference
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- (TEVIS) Western States Trail Foundation
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Ohio Arabian & All-Breed Trail Riding Society
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- EASYBOOT GLOVES for the barefoot horse!
- Can your horse do endurance barefoot?
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association