Interesting Green Bean Endurance "FACTOIDS"
Since the inception of GBE Competition our little outfit generated (or at the very least nudged in a you gotta do it way)
membership signups in 2015 at approximated $11,700 and 2016 $12,000.
Calculating ride revenue generated for ride managers by the competition
for 2016 (so far) if only figure LD fees (which are lower) our
competition inspired $33,660 in revenue for RM's. This year our riders
have turned in almost 400 competitions (more if we add in seedling).
Sponsorship was up and our prize once a month drawing expanded to three
prizes each month. This year we are able to provide beautiful medals for
our winners with our logo on them. Ride fees were reduced and we are
still going to break even at the end of the day. Those things are
interesting, and they are good as we help the organization that provides
rides for us. But the real beauty of Green Bean is the people
connections. You find someone at a ride and shake their hand then...oh
hell give me a hug ☺
And watching those new riders over the past two years go from 0 to
endurance, on to Tevis, or Old Dominion, team building, awesome stuff.
Two years, 168 riders, good people. Endurance riders. Am I proud? Of
EVERY.SINGLE.ONE of them. They have surpassed me, my dreams, any ounce
of talent I'd ever hoped I'd have in this sport and it feels good. It
feels great to see our gnarly little bunch just ROCK the ride. Get
your ride on people!
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association