Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
July 3, 2016
Now the flip side of shod
Getting to the end of the cycle and looking at the long hoof, with toe and heel migrating forward. It ties me up in knots. Trying to find a "match up" time with farrier vs. work schedule ***very sad face***. I'm used to having much more control...even though booting was driving me up the wall. My opinion for whatever it may be worth is that Journey needs a very tight shoeing cycle if she is to be a non-tripping moving out horse!