I've used Frogg Toggs product before. Heads up...never NEVER put your Frogg Toggs accidently into the dryer. Or you will need to purchase a new Frogg Togg and pass your shrunken one on to a troll living on one of the endurance riding forums. That said, I needed new rain gear!
Item: Frogg Toggs Ultra-Lite Rain Poncho
Price: $9.21 from an ebay vendor.
Details: weight 8 ounces, very light! Fabric breathes so you don't feel all hot and claustrophobic.
Colors: green and blue.
Features: Hood with drawstring, side snaps to be as closed or as open as you like. Waterproof.
Personal Review: I'm glad I shrunk my jacket in the dryer. I really liked my Frogg Togg's jacket, but I must say I like the poncho even better! It is lighter, and airy. My body temperature runs very hot, and I overheat easily. The poncho cut the wind, she the rain, was easy to shake the wet off of and hang on the hook in my horse trailer. I did not stand out in a monsoon, or ride with it in a soaking rain, but wore it to slog around camp in the rain and wind and it performed flawlessly. I expect the same in the saddle. Another bonus is the fabric isn't noisy like some poncho/slickers that kind of spook the horse. I flapped it all around Journey and she was totally unimpressed with its potential horse attacking powers. Great product and extremely reasonable price, hubby got one too.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association