Fighters, Fixers, Spectators, and Eye-Rollers
Where do you fit?
Where do I fit?
Patti's blog is a very good and worthwhile read.☺
My desire has always been to be a fixer, but gaining acceptance for my
"cause" if you will has been a stodgy (sometimes truly emotionally
painful) uphill trudge through deep Midwestern clay, (wet clay at that),
boots stuck so deep that pulling them out lands me quite right squarely
on my fat old lady ass. Fixing involves change. Change does not need
to be a bitter pill. We can hang on tight to the intrinsic glory of
pure endurance riding, while embracing growth through new and
interesting ways to play the game. But! I'm not gonna fight about
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association