Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
August 3, 2015
Inching along in the heat...
The Spotted Wonder (Journey) and I are starting to inch our distance up again. We are working a bit on paved roads, but mostly on woodland trails. Hoping to crank out at least a 15 mile next weekend, and hang with it weekly with short rides in between until our next competition. I'm still not feeling the greatest, not sure when or if this stomach thing is going to heal up and be done, sure takes the wind out of my sails. Weather was spectacular in Indiana this weekend. Nice breeze, warm, low humidity, just how I like it!