June 28, 2015

DAY one of the Black Sheep Boogie

I drove to Ohio near the West Virginia border to work a new ride called The Black Sheep Boogie. It had been awhile since I'd volunteered a ride and beings I cannot seem to manage to ride in heat and humidity I thought I'd learn a new skill as a "pulse taker." It turned out to be quite the education, and I'd have to say as the rain was pouring down in buckets I have a very strong visceral reaction that I was "glad" to be under the shelter of a tent, rather than squishing and sliding out on the actual ride. Am I getting old or what? But it was fun, and I did pick up on learning some things. The only downside to my adventure was the winding semi-mountainous roads made me severely car sick...and it took me about eight hours, meds, and a cold fan to get myself back upright to serve as volunteer next day. But it worked out and I was glad I went. The ride appeared to be very well attended, the rigs rammed in like a gigantic jig-saw puzzle. I got to see a couple of green beans that are the sweetest people again. They were going to ride today and the weather was gorgeous, hoping it all went well. I had to return home yesterday evening as the drive back was about four hours. Expecting more volunteerism to be in my future. The Spotted one and I are about a 2 or 3 ride per year sensation, but at least we are involved. That is okay by me ☺

2 comments:

  1. Well damn, I was there! You probably helped me pulse in and I didn't even know it! Thanks for volunteering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wearing a hat with a cartoon button on it :) We should all have to wear name tags!

    ReplyDelete