I believe the bucket has reached about 47% of the goal. Pretty sure we have enough for the ride itself which requires about a $200 entry-fee, fuel down and back, and meals. So the bare-bones amount (God willing and no catastrophe here on the farm) is secured. Feeling pretty gratified that I managed to raise this much by being extremely frugal for six months, the help of a few card buyers, and my two donors (thank you, you rock ♥). So riding The Old Dominion is definitely on the table at some point unless I find some other glorious crazy goal in its place.
My daughter has gifted me with a really nice camera and I hope to do some photography at the ride this June. Also trying to organize a meet up of some Green Beans there to either do some crewing or volunteerism representing our budding organization.
So now the focus is getting The Spotted Wonder rolling for this thing 2016. Which means some 50 mile rides this year and early next season. We have a lot of work to do!
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association