Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
September 23, 2014
Mileage Rider Looking to Ride Share to NE, SE, MW rides 2015
I am currently trying to plot ways to attend more rides and have more of an endurance ride year in 2015. The plan is two-fold and involves ride-sharing.
Plan A) If you are a green bean without transportation in southeastern Indiana and anywhere along my route to rides that may be scheduled for the Clark State Forest, or Midwest Camp Ground area I will be happy to split fuel and pick you up. I have room for one horse in a slant load trailer. You would need to bunk in the truck, pitch a tent, or set up a cot in the back. Let's divide and conquer the expense. If you are a slow to slow moderate rider I'm happy to ride along, as mileage is my goal vs. placement. If you prefer to do your own thing, I have no problem what-so-ever with that. Open to two-day rides.
Plan B) I'd like to hitch a ride with any riders with extra space who might be driving through southeastern Indiana along state route 50 to the Northeast rides (heading east off of 65), I'd happily split fuel costs with you to make it to a few rides in Ohio or Virginia in 2015. No problem with hanging out for the whole weekend if you want to ride both days.
If this is something of interest for you next year, please contact me at email@example.com
I would also like to mention one other thing...if you are new to the sport, and I can help answer a question, meet up to talk, or even do some conditioning rides in my area please do not hesitate to contact me. I'd be happy to help in what ways I am able. If I don't know the answer, I can assist networking you to someone who does. Thanks.