July 31, 2014

Suddenly I am a paid cartoonist

Don't know how long the gig will last,  but suddenly the Old Dominion or Bust situation is looking brighter.   Yay universe!  If I can pull things together by 2016 all will be good.

I am a little giddy about the whole cartoon thing but also am grounded in my creative limitations.  I draw with my mouse.  Have had a bamboo tablet for awhile, but always go back to the linear, angular thing with my mouse.  But then the cartoon itself is only half the deal...you still have to think up something smile worthy and humor is very individual.  There was one silly cartoon that LSEGH and I about lost it laughing over it.  To us it was hysterical funny to the point of not being able to breathe.  We may have been the only ones who got that particular joke.  So that will be the hard part.  But I will give this thing my best effort on behalf of the company.

I am toying with the idea of a book of previously unpublished Journey cartoons, so I won't be having new stuff up on facebook too much. I will be saving the images.   Also I would like to redraw some of my older stuff now that I have the improved software to save images at higher dpi.  Also thinking about custom cartoon t shirts with YOUR horse,  that one will require some more thought.

My unplanned dismount and the resulting drama seems to have mostly resolved.  Today I felt back to normal, just kind of tired and a bit of pain, though nothing that needed medicated by the end of my twelve hour shift.  So things are looking up.  Can't saddle up until my new helmet gets here.

1 comment: