You'd think I was hauling to Tevis...but it may as well be with temperature predicted at 90 degrees, I don't know people! Me and the spotted one may or may not make it. Even an LD is a tough call for Journey when hot and humid combine. I've been known to need a cold wet towel thrown on me as well. So envy the folks who can get a break by turning on the air in their living quarters!
So a final conditioning ride either today or tomorrow, the great clean out the trailer and put everything back routine today, then cleaning my tack, and basically loading for the haul so I don't have to do it on Thursday. I have failed to notify the ride manager that I'm coming...so I guess I better be doing that about now.
here to find it quickly. You will go to Two Horse, look around and find the item you'd like to win, then come back and comment on the contest with your NAME (first name is fine) PRIZE (item you want to win) and Endurance Granny's BEST RIDE TIME on the 25 LD for the weekend. That's it! You will then be notified of the winner when my official ride time is posted on AERC's website under ride results. In the case that none of the entries should qualify (like something totally unexpected happens) I'll put everyone's name into a hat and LSEGH will draw one out. So somebody is going to win a very nice tack item.
Have a great 4th of July weekend everyone ☺ ~E.G.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association