Point me towards the OLD DOMINION.
I've actually scared myself today. Just putting that out there. It has been on my mind for some time, going to Virginia. Wondering about the things I have, that I might not need, to sell towards the ride. When you become a certain age, you start to feel the clock ticking. You wonder if your health will hold long enough to get you to the places you've dreamed of. I don't want to dream.... , but rather find my leg slung over the saddle pointing towards "THAT" trail. I'm going to to find a way. God willing...keep me glued together long enough. I want to ride the Old Dominion.
It is frightening, and exciting, and possible. Definitely possible.
If worse comes to worse, maybe some good Samaritan will let me "hitch a ride" for fuel and groceries.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association