Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
June 29, 2014
And it's hotter than...
I'm all about data and today's chart looked really good. Sometimes it is hard to wait for change and this in fact took me nearly three years to accomplish. We are finally training at a level that should be beneficial from the cardio aspect vs. always working in aerobic. Don't get me wrong...aerobic is good, but not being able to switch up the gears and rest / use different muscle groups had to be fatiguing for her.
Since she isn't the only one the heat affects I have been trying some new things for myself as well. Haven't had a metabolic melt-down of my own yet. Though why I decided to go to a ride in July beats me!