"On May 23, an emaciated horse was passed fit to compete at the initial vet check.
SHAKLA’S SUDDEN IMPACT, ridden by RAED MAHMOOD, was competing from the stables of the
ROYAL ENDURANCE TEAM of BAHRAIN." Click for the full article
The claim is that the backlighting made the horse "look" thin. REALLY? When I copy the image into Photoshop and manipulate the contrast, the horse STILL LOOKS EMACIATED. Don't race him, give him some food and six months of the fat farm. To top it off we are talking about stables owned by rich people who fly their horses around to compete. Can you not afford the $12 bags of sweet feed? Wow...just ...WOW.
End of rant.
Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association