Discipline: LD/Endurance, CMO, Trail Rider, Cartoonist, Writer, Co-Director/ Green Bean Endurance
Favorite Links for training, gear, and memberships!
- National Association of Competitive Mounted Orienteering
- HOW TO CMO
- What is CMO?
- Old Dominion Endurance Rides
- Renegade Hoof Boots
- Riding vs. Racing a discussion with the Duck.
- Trumbull Mountain's INTRO TO ENDURANCE RIDING
- Principles of Conditioning
- Conditioning the endurance horse by SERA
- Short Article: Feeding & Training the Endurance Horse
- Feeding the Endurance Horse, Swedish Author
- Preventing Dehydration In the Endurance Horse, Ontario Competitive Trail Riding Association
- Jim Holland's fantastic training links here!
- South Eastern Distance Rider's Association
April 16, 2014
One Week for a Miracle of Sorts
I've pretty well succumbed to the idea that a 50 is out of the question for this ride. So LD it is, and hoping to try for 50 at our next one using the LD as training to get there. If she does well day one, maybe....try for day two. Maybe. Assuming the sky does not fall and we get there the race is thus: Beat the following finish time for TOR which was 4:06 and previous to that a rider option (on Phebes). Now is that a win/win or what? So if I'm able to not rider option YAY! And if I can pare down our time to 4:00 Yay! If I can bring home a t-shirt Yay! If it doesn't rain double YAY! Am I stepping up my game or what?
Pretty excited about replacing my lost boot. Lucked into an auction on Ebay for two Renegade shells size 2 for about $27, ordering the tops for $67 with a little creativity in the captivator department, plus an extra cable, and two extra pastern straps/ tension straps. So I'll have essentially 2 nearly new Rennies for $104 including the shipping. So I will have replaced my lost boot, and gained a spare to carry with me. I'm getting black captivators to go on top of bright orange Renegades. I kind of like this idea and in future may do that with all my front boots to make it easier to grab the right sized boot in a sea of orange.