February 23, 2014

It has been a fabulous weekend...

Started conditioning for the season.  Got in an hour ride yesterday, and an hour and a half today.   Worked on "not been rode in three months" issues, which honestly gave her a more intense work out than she would have had otherwise.  Bending around trees every time she broke gait, bending around trees when she got flighty, or snarky, so lots of bending and much of it at a trot.  The area we were working is somewhat hilly too.  When it comes to horses, you have to have a sense of humor, patience, and TIME.  So first two sessions (albeit three weeks late due to severe winter weather) are in the bag.

A fellow blogger completed her first hundred mile this weekend, and though I'm three quarters of the way across the country it felt so exciting to think...SHE's GONNA MAKE IT.  I'm sure she will be posting up a ride story in a day or two or three.  I can't wait to read it.  Her blog is here.  I was laughing, and crying, and clapping my hands very very early this morning.  Way to go team FIXIE.

Darned Straight!

I can't wait for ride season.  So much has changed for me.  Mostly my attitude.  A-tti-tude is gone.  Happy is back!  If Journey is ready in time we will head to Top of the Rock.  Mollie Krumlaw-Smith has offered to be a ride buddy again if I'd like (and I like!!!).  Camping reservations are made for the Indy-50.  Next up on the agenda will be a CMO at Midwest Trail.  We will see how that goes and then...we will putter through the steamy months, and pick out a ride possibly for the Fall.   It's gonna be an awesome adventure ☺

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for cheering us on, EG! And I'm delighted that it's coming together for you and your Spotted Wonder too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. I'm just so proud of you two. ♥

    ReplyDelete